Monday, November 17, 2008

of raisins and sashes

And now, for your weekend update. . .

Friday night he only got up once and settled down to sleep. Saturday night, however, while Daddy Mac was out celebrating a friend's birthday, Mama got to spend 2 hours escorting Mr. McShortie back to bed. It was WAY past Mama Mac's bedtime by the time we all got to sleep. I was hoping it was because of a late nap and an exciting time at said birthday party. However, Sunday night started out as a repeat. Mama was too tired to play that game anymore. After 5-6 escorts back upstairs, we rigged a "lock" for the door, tying the door handle to the stair rail with an old sash of mine. After much crying and carrying on for about 15 minutes (wherein he woke up his sister as well! It was an All Cry!), he apparently settled down to sleep. Wish me luck tonight for round 2!


As for the raisins, I'm sure every parent has a similar story. We were having lunch Sunday and Mr. McShortie was being quiet. Therefore, I was focused on feeding his sister. However, when I looked over, Mr. McShortie was busily shoving raisins up his nose! I fished one out, and made him blow his nose. He told me had more in his nose, but I didn't see any. Half an hour later while we were playing, he hands me a newly extracted snotty raisin! I think they are all out now!



For a photo today, you get Granddad Short handily handling my very active children!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That picture of your Dad is FUNNY.

Have I told you the story of my cousin and the item up her nose? If not, remind me. It's truly an incredible tale.