
My friend, laggin, has given me two awards at her "house," (
http://underdaroof.blogspot.com/) which have me a bit confounded.
First, thank you. I did not even know there were blog awards. Second, I don't know what to do with them. Following her example, for the Hooked on award I think I am supposed to list 6 things that make me happy right now. The awards might just be her way of "encouraging" me to do a list like that, since I never seem to complete any of those cute e-mails answering questions about oneself. Here goes (in no particular order): 1) KU basketball season is starting! 2) My husband (aka Daddy Mac) apparently (hopefully) still has a job even though his company is laying off almost 20% of their workforce this week 3) my mom (aka Grandmother Short) is coming to visit today 4) Top Chef starts again tomorrow 5) Little Miss has established a reasonable (8:15) and regular bedtime, even if she isn't perfect at sleeping through the night 6) Babysitters! For example, Daddy Mac and Grandma and Grandpa Mac conspired to give me a "day off" Sunday and accordingly I think I actually got Christmas shopping for the kiddos and outdoor Christmas lighting done ahead of schedule.

And Great Aunt M Mac has agreed to babysit tomorrow so I can spend some time with Grandmother Short! Last, apologies to anyone looking at this blog in search of something profound and interesting. Maybe someday I'll try my hand at some more substantial writing, but for now, I'm sticking with sharing stories and photos of my darling McShorties.
1 comment:
Ah, you have seen through my motivations...but they suceeded! As I said to Miko, blog awards are nothing but self-indulgent reasons we use to convince ourselves that blogging is not a waste of time!
Post a Comment