Thursday, December 4, 2008

go jayhawks!

And now, for a brief update on the rest of the weekend. Grandmother and Granddad Short watched the sickly McShorties on Saturday, so Mama, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt and Uncle Mac could go sit out in the freezing cold to watch the glorious Jayhawks prevail over the nasty Mizzou Tigers (totally worth the cold)!

And on Sunday, Grandma and Daddy Mac watched football and the McShorties so Mama could clean house, go grocery shopping, etc. For anyone who has known me in my previous (always messy) life, how inconceivable is it that I would utter the words: "Great, I've got some free time so now I can get to that cleaning I've been meaning to do!" What has happened to me!?

One more comment on the Jayhawks -- my beloved (2008 NCAA champions!) Jayhawk basketball team is looking much better than they ought to at this point in the season, given all the new folks on the team!

The rest of this week, Mama and the McShorties have been hibernating at home, trying to decorate for Christmas (a little tough when Mr. wants to "help" and Miss just wants to chew on every ornament), and trying to recuperate.

And now, I think we are relatively up to date.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

nasty Tigers...ouch! Well, they weren't playing their best that day...but I am not a sore loser! :)

Rebounding said...

I'm not sure if you were watching, but you could actually SEE my wife's and brother's hearts break on that last touchdown pass.