Monday, January 30, 2012

Spot check

Just an update from the sick bay. . . Mr. is setting an all-time record for longest outbreak of chickenpox (17 days now of new pox). Poor boy did not escape with a mild case, and has them head to toe, but I think (everyone cross their fingers) that the outbreak of new pox is starting to slow. Most of the big nasties are healing, and the new ones are much smaller, and there were fewer new ones today.

Little girl has unfortunately come down with chickenpox too. So far (again, everyone cross their fingers) hers seems to be a much milder case. The first spot was about a week ago, with enough accumulating by mid-week that I was certain that it was chickenpox. Hers have been contained to her arms and torso so far, and I don't see many new ones on her right now either (that would be more in line with a typical case -- able to return to the world in 10 days or so)

The good news is that the kids have felt fine through the ordeal. No fevers, no extensive scratching, and have taken the confinement with pretty good humor. We even lucked out with relatively mild weather so that we can get out in the yard and run around a little bit. Typhoid Mary gave her cold (that she had while brother first came down with chickenpox) to her Mama and her grandparents, but seems better herself. Mama's turned into a sinus infection, but just started antibiotics, so I think everyone is on the mend! (at least that is what I'm telling myself). Thanks for all the good thoughts being sent our way!

No comments: