The pox on day 5 (no pox on the face, it is just dirt)
Thursday, January 19, 2012
quarantine!
Last Saturday, Mr. McShortie started sprouting spots on his torso. I was baffled about the new rash, and scoured the internet and books, to no avail. They started spreading, and so I finally called the nurse (again) on Sunday, and said that I thought he probably needed to be seen, even though he never had a fever and they weren't particularly itchy. We went in that Sunday evening, and the doctor took a long look at him and declared "chickenpox!" I was shocked because has had a vaccine and a booster. Apparently, that is only about 80% effective, and we are one of the lucky 2 in 10 kids who will get it anyway. So, we were quickly ushered out the back door of the office (weren't even allowed to go through the waiting room again on a Sunday!) and sent home with directions to stay home until after all new spots have appeared. So, we've been quarantined this week! Other than sheer boredom, it hasn't been too bad. Little Miss has had a nasty cold too, so it probably benefitted us all .

The pox on day 5 (no pox on the face, it is just dirt)
We have been fighting boredom by playing dressup
The pox on day 5 (no pox on the face, it is just dirt)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment