View from my window. Notre Dame is in the center background, the Seine is in the middle ground.
Notre Dame on a cold November day (study this one, it will be on a test later).
Mama McShortie high up on a bell tower
Gargoyles
Also, on my next visit home, I also got the movie "Hunchback of Notre Dame" for the little ones to enjoy. Somehow over the past few months, Notre Dame has gotten stuck in Mister's head and has surfaced in many wonderful ways. (This is the real reason for the posting!)
At my house, he made a drawing, unprompted, from his memory. Note the bell towers, the center steeple, Quasimodo, the bricks, the tower railing, and the artist's signature in the sky. Check out the picture above--he is pretty close!
I found out later, this was a plan, to show me how to draw it (since I had said I didn't have a picture to reference when he originally wanted me to draw it, so he said I know what it looks like, I have it in my head, and he belted it out without hesitation). So here was my attempt.
The next day, he went out to get my paper as usual, and returned...Quasimodo! He was a terrific actor and got way into it by inventing different ways to achieve the "hump."
We even had an Esmerelda!
Yesterday, Mama McShortie sent me this picture of Notre Dame (the balloon is a bell). How awesome is this guy's imagination?!

No comments:
Post a Comment