She was frustrated she couldn't scalp it (she doesn't have the dexterity to maneuver the safety scissors that well). She followed me down the hall asking me to help. I told her that she would have to figure it out. I turned my back, and all of a sudden I heard a different sounding snip.
I wheeled around and sure enough, she had gotten her own hair. After my horrified gasp, she burst into tears. I asked her whether it was an accident or whether she did it on purpose (she said on purpose) and then I asked her if she wanted short hair, because we could take her to get a haircut if she liked (just not to do it herself!). She initially said yes, but then I reminded her that she had said she wanted long hair (like Rapunzel) she said she wanted long. I told her that she couldn't cut her hair if she wanted long hair. She went to timeout. The scissors went to timeout. This photo isn't all the hair (more kept coming out, after I was stroking her hair after timeout), but it is a good indication. At least she didn't scalp herself. The remaining hair is approximately chin-length. I haven't decided yet whether we can blend in the short pieces or go with a bob. I'll try to get actual pictures of the girl soon.I get the feeling this won't be the last time she decides to style her hair in a way mama does not necessarily approve.
2 comments:
Can I just say, Oh - My - Goodness! She still looks precious as always, but I would've flipped too. Miss y'all
Be grateful it was not the bangs, right above the eye, cut as short as the pony's...right before you were going to take pictures for the holiday card.
Why, yes, I did have that happen at my house. Why do you ask? :)
Post a Comment