Well, you may have noted that it has been a LONG time since any potty training updates. After a brief flurry of interest months back, it has been a long summer with no interest whatsoever. I've been taking the advice to wait until he decides he is ready. He has recently started showing SOME interest again, asking to go every once in a while. He is clearly capable, but it's the motivation with which we are struggling. One time recently after successfully using the potty, for the first time he asked if he could wear his Elmo underpants (which I bought months ago, thinking they might be a motivation). I got very excited, got them out, made a big production about it, took this picture, called Daddy Mac and Aunt Short so he could tell them all about it, set the timer for an hour so I would remember to ask him again if he needed to go. . . not 5 minutes later, I hear a puddling sound on the floor. I go to remove the new underpants and discover that wasn't the only accident. How is that all even possible just a few minutes after using the potty? We are now trying a chocolate chip bribery method -- one for trying, two for number 1, and three for number 2. It is working, in that he goes regularly 1 or 2 times per day. However, it is certainly not the consistency we need to go back to the Elmo underpants.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment