Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fort Worth road trip!


I'm not quite sure where Mama has been in the blogosphere -- thanks to Aunt Short for filling in the holes. Lots is going on these days -- more talking, more walking, but the big news is that we did a giant family ROAD TRIP! Grandma and Grandpa Mac, Daddy Mac, Mama McShortie and the wee McShorties all loaded into Grandma and Grandpa's "uck"{truck} to drive down to Fort Worth to visit cousin "'Winkin." The McShorties dressed up in their pjs for the drive down at night. We arrived in the wee hours (and I mean wee), but the McShorties did sleep most of the way. I think the grown-ups were much more tired the next day than them.
Both McShorties were taken with their new cousin, and Mr. McShortie particularly loved to hold him. He actually did a very nice job of holding him, being very gentle, and even quietly telling baby Lincoln to "don't cry."







Both McShorties were also very taken with baby Lincoln's cat, Eli. However, I think Eli was understandably at her tolerance level for toddlers this trip very quickly. However, we think little Miss can now say "cat" now. We have a vocabulary of "hi" "bye" "cheese (maybe please?)" "dog" "ice" and now "cat". Of course no mama or dada.

We had a great trip, complete with wonderful Mexican food, a trip to the stockyards area with a real cattle drive, and the best was spending time with the newest (and adorable) member of the family!



We all even survived the trip home! (even holding hands!)
Of course, Mr. didn't fall asleep until about 2 blocks from home! He is starting to say all sorts of funny things, and I am being horrible about not writing them down, but I'll post this one so I don't forget... when we were almost home, we told Mr. that we were going to pick up daddy's car and then go home. He gave us a doubting look, shook his head, and said "it's heavy."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet...and, come on, saying 'cheese' LOVE it! One of my favorite words as well!
Cute photos!

Rebounding said...

LOL! It's heavy! That's freakin' hysterical. I can't wait until Kueffer starts saying stuff like that.