After a long hiatus, we are back with a special back to school issue! The big first grader started school on Monday, for 2 half-day sessions. Here he is all ready to go to school (doesn't he look older all of a sudden?)
Proud little sister.

Very rainy day for the back-to-school walk from the parking lot.

Seated at his desk, and ready to start the day! He definitely didn't need for us to walk him in, but I needed it. So far he likes his teacher and classmates!

First day for little girl was today. They start out with a bang -- full day of kindergarten. Here Daddy and brother are walking her in.

Posing in the garden next to the school.

Walking through the door for the first time as a kindergartner (I was too busy with the photo op to realize she was about to be smushed by the automatically closing door -- luckily we nabbed it just in time).

All seated at her table and ready to go! (I swear her part was straight when we started out the door in the morning).

The whole class ready to go. She has the same teacher that brother had last year. She (and we) are thrilled with the assignment. And yes, I was the last parent out the door!

Fewer tears than I expected. I know it is about them, but I mainly feel a sense of accomplishment that I have actually raised 2 kids to be school-aged!
1 comment:
LOVE the pics
kristian
Post a Comment