Friday, July 15, 2011

By George,

We think she's got it! After many months of hinting, reading books, practicing sitting on potty (even in living room, see photo above), watching videos, bribes, etc., little Miss McShortie finally decided on July 1st that she was ready to start potty training. I'm not entirely sure what finally triggered it, but I was thrilled as we were up against a fall deadline to move ahead a preschool class (must be trained to go to Blue Room!). She must have finally just made up her mind, because it went pretty darn quickly. . . 2 days of a couple accidents each, 2 days of 1 accident each, and then she has pretty much been accident-free in the daytime since! I've been afraid to post so we don't jinx it, but she really has been doing great, even with a long car-ride to Fort Worth this past weekend (more photos to follow). So proud of our big girl!