Wednesday, November 10, 2010

go Jayhawks!

Basketball season has begun, and last night I was able to take Mr. McShortie to the second exhibition game. I couldn't be more excited to share one of my loves with my son. I admit that I spent more time watching him watch then game, rather than the game itself, but the 'hawks won just the same. He spent a lot of time taking in the whole scene, and held his hands over his ears for the introductions. I think he was equally impressed with cheerleaders than the basketball playing, and he kept looking for the Jayhawk mascots. We even got to meet Baby Jay and shake his hand, although Mr. McShortie was more than a bit suspicious. This was as close as he would get. When I asked whether he wanted to try to meet Big Jay, he thought for a second, and then said "no."
He was really well behaved, and we enjoyed all kinds of junk food. When I asked him later what his favorite part was, he keeps changing his mind: clapping in rhythm when everyone else was clapping, dribbling, shooting, and the Big and Baby Jayhawks.

No comments: